Sunday 8 September 2013

Marmalade

One of the more recent effects of my slow transmogrification into my dad is the development of a taste for marmalade. And just as I share with you songs and other things that I like, here, on this fine autumnal morning, is my marmalade recommendation. I've been through a few on my journey but I've put the lesser marmalades out of my mind. There was quite a nice one with whiskey in it. But the best to date has been Wilkin & Sons. I realise it may be regarded as decadent, or even heretical to say it but I most love their no peel variety.

Ob La Di Ob La Da by Marmalade would be a good track to post at this juncture. But I haven't got it. You'll just have to hum it to yourselves. 

4 comments:

  1. Thank you. We need more of this sort of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome Davy. September was going to be the month of posts about Roman things (though I've only got two up my sleeve). But I was munching some toast and looking out of the window and got all beatific about marmalade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'got all Beatific about marmalade' is my phrase of the day. On with the Romans please- there should be more music blog posts about the ancient world..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sunday mornings often have something beatific about them, it's possible the marmalade was just in the right place at the right time.

    ReplyDelete